Saturday, January 01, 2011

Regarding Resolving

"Unto Thee will I cry, O LORD, my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.... Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up" (Psalm 28:1,5). "I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded.... The prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:24-33).

Lord, on this first day of the year,
I now resolve that I will pray
That You may give me ears to hear
Your voice of counsel everyday.

Oh, be not silent, Lord, to me,
So that my heart will not be hard,
That I may never come to be
Like those who give You no regard.

Oh, it's marvelous indeed
That You would let me understand
Your Word of truth that I may heed
And thus be led, Lord, by Your hand!

Oh, spare me from prosperity
That turns my heart away from You!
Lord, give me, rather, eyes to see
And ears discerning what is true.

No comments: