Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Doubly Deceived

"Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that Thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from Thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.... but now mine eye seeth Thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes" (Job 42:1-6). "If a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.... God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Galatians 6:3,14).

Job had said, in retrospect,
Some things he didn't understand.
Yes, he said some things correct,
But some things God would reprimand.

Whenever God was glorified,
Job was true, and rightly humble.
But then when Job was filled with pride,
That's when he began to stumble.

Now lest we doubly be deceived,
God humbles every soul on earth.
His judgment rightly is received;
Redemption, though, is what we're worth.

Measure all things by the cross:
For guilt and grace are thereby priced.
We warranted eternal loss,
Yet we're redeemed by Jesus Christ!

How unworthy, Lord, we are,
And yet how much we're worth to You!
Sin and shame would thrust so far
The souls Your cross with mercy drew!

O Lord, we would not be deceived
To think we're something by our measure,
Yet we rejoice that we've received
In Jesus Christ redemption's treasure!

No comments: