Monday, January 03, 2011

Morning without Mourning

"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold" (Job 19:25-27). "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalm 30:5). "The wise shall inherit glory" (Proverbs 3:35). "As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (1 Corinthians 15:22).

There shines a morning just ahead
With gladness that our Savior gives
When tears shall nevermore be shed,
For joy that our Redeemer lives.

Weeping shall be obsolete
As memories faded from the past.
Joy in Christ shall be complete
When we are face to face at last!

And though this body shall decay,
The Lord shall change and make it new,
And we shall see Him on that day;
What glorious things are yet in view!

For as in Adam all must die,
So all in Christ are made alive.
O may this prospect purify
Our hearts that He would thus revive!

O Lord, we thank You for the sight
Which we, by faith, can see afar,
As we behold that morning bright
When we shall be, Lord, where You are!

No comments: