Friday, January 14, 2011

Answer of the Almighty

"Behold, my desire is that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book" (Job 31:35). "I said, LORD, be merciful to me: heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee.... By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever" (Psalm 41:4,11,12).

The longing in Job's broken heart
Was really not so odd,
That the Almighty would impart
An answer then from God.

For we were moved to likewise pray
When we had knelt in shame:
We sought to know what God would say
Until His answer came.

And how should God reply to such
Who warrant condemnation?
God answered that He loved so much
He paid for our salvation!

For God commanded in His Book,
To those by sin undone,
That all the world to Him should look,
Receiving Christ His Son.

By this we know we have His favor
Upon salvation's path,
That God has sent to us a Savior
Who bore our judgment's wrath.

We thank You, Lord, for wondrous grace
That answered us with love,
And soon we'll praise You face to face
Forevermore above!

No comments: