Saturday, January 15, 2011

Continual Contentment

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God" (Psalm 42:11). "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance.... He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast" (Proverbs 15:13,15).

Why, my soul, are you cast down?
Who robbed you of contentment?
When did you commence to frown?
What caused in you resentment?

Now hope in God, and give control
To Him who is your health,
To Him who reconciled your soul,
And gives you endless wealth.

Though sorrows surely come in life
And burdens are increased,
Still God is greater than our strife
Who spreads for us His feast.

We thank You, Lord, for what You've done
That fills our hearts with cheer,
Because we hope in God the Son
And know that He is near.

No comments: