Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Much More than My Mind

"Surely it is meet to be said unto God.... That which I see not, teach Thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more. Should it be according to thy mind?" (Job 34:31-33). "A fool has no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself" (Proverbs 18:2). "There was given to me a thorn in the flesh... lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord.... And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).

Surely it's right that I say to my God,
O Lord, I'm a child who needs Your direction!
For all of my wisdom is hopelessly flawed,
But You understand everything with perfection.

Surely it's good now to seek my Lord's face,
And wait on His answer, whatever it is,
For all of His counsel is governed by grace,
Sufficient to strengthen all those who are His.

Surely the Lord has abundantly taught
That I need His teaching, for there I shall find
His counsel is better than my highest thought,
For He understands so much more than my mind!

Surely, O Lord, You have shown Yourself good,
As morning by morning Your mercies are new!
Surely, much more than my mind understood,
I've found all my heart's satisfaction in You!

No comments: