Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Musing is a Must

"My heart was hot within me; while I was musing, the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue, LORD make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is, that I may know how frail I am" (Psalm 39:3,4).

It's better when my heart is hot
To then withhold my views,
And go to God with prayerful thought,
And in His presence muse.

For words of wisdom won't reside
With those who speak in haste.
They often wish that they could hide
What cannot be erased.

There surely is a time to speak
To people, old and young,
A word in season as we seek
God's wisdom for our tongue.

We muse and know, though we are frail,
Our God is surely strong,
And by His promise we'll prevail,
For He is never wrong.

Lord, teach us as we muse in prayer
On words we know are true,
To hear Your voice and then declare
The truth we have from You.

No comments: