Sunday, January 09, 2011

Life in His Light

"With Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light" (Psalm 36:9). "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6).

All I could see was a meaningless strife,
As time pressed me on unprepared.
The darkness was growing and death swallowed life;
It troubled me nobody cared!

But God, who commanded His glorious light
To shine out of darkness on earth
Then shined in my heart to give to me sight
And life that would flow from new birth.

The Fountain of life is the Lord Jesus Christ,
And He is the Light that has shined,
For He is the Savior for us sacrificed
To taste death for all of mankind.

How marvelous, Lord, is the love You have shown
And the life You extend by Your grace
To manifest mercy and truth from Your throne
In the light of our Lord Jesus' face!

No comments: