Monday, July 27, 2015

Rebellion Revealed


"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24).  "My son, be wise, and make My heart glad... A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself" (Proverbs 27:11,12).  "But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; be not thou rebellious" (Ezekiel 2:8).  "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power" (Revelation 4:11).    

The Lord has searched and known each heart. 
He knows our sinful inclination. 
He sees right through our hidden part
And shows us His investigation. 

How rightly, then, should we invite
Our Father's loving, searching eyes
To show rebellion in His sight
That we may turn, and thus be wise. 

May God explore our heart within,
And may rebellion be revealed,  
So we may thus confess our sin,
Receive His cleansing, and be healed.

How worthy, Lord, You truly are
Of glory You've revealed here:  
By our rebellion, we were far,
But now by grace we are brought near! 


No comments: