Sunday, July 26, 2015

Magnified yet More


"I will... praise Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and for Thy truth: for Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name" (Psalm 138:2).  "The curse causeless shall not come" (Proverbs 26:2).  "And I saw... the likeness of the glory of the LORD... and I heard a voice of One that spake" (Ezekiel 1:27,28).  "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me... He that hath an ear, let him hear" (Revelation 3:20,22). 

We praise our Savior's wondrous name
For grace and truth that He displayed  
When on the cross He bore our shame
And thereby all our ransom paid. 

We've seen our Savior's matchless glory
Who died to take away our curse.  
He magnifies redemption's story
Proclaimed in each prophetic verse.  

Yet there is more our Lord shall do,
For God declares what is ahead,
And we are sure His Word is true,
And Christ shall come, as He has said. 

Your Word is magnified yet more, 
Unchanged, O Lord, by those still mocking,
As You are standing at the door 
And, for a season, You are knocking.  


No comments: