Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cry to Christ!


"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path... refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge" (Psalm 142:3-5).  "Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:5).  "I have set it in the midst of the nations" (Ezekiel 5:5).  "A great multitude... of all nations... cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb" (Revelation 7:9,10). 

I do remember very well
When I was overwhelmed with fear
As I had contemplated hell
And no escape to me was clear. 

At last I lifted up my prayer
To God (the One I'd never known),
For no man for my soul could care
And rescue me but Christ alone! 

Praise God, who reached me with His Word
Which He has sent to every nation,
And placed me where I could be heard
To show the truth of His salvation! 

For me, Lord, You were sacrificed
To answer me with saving grace
With all who cry to You, O Christ,
And find in You their Hiding Place. 


No comments: