Wednesday, July 08, 2015

He Heard


"In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and HE HEARD me.  Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue" (Psalm 120:1,2).  "Hear; for I will speak... right things... For whoso findeth Me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD" (Proverbs 8:6,35).  "The Word of the Lord endureth for ever.  And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you" (1 Peter 1:25). 

There was a night of deep distress
Which I remember very well. 
I did not know how God could bless
A sinner that was fit for hell. 

With lying lips surrounding me
Proclaiming vain religious views,
I did not know how I could see
The only right way I should choose. 

I cried to God, and I was heard!
I found His truth was absolute!
By prophecy He proved His Word,
Which no deceiver could refute.

You heard me, Lord, and I heard You,
Receiving then the truth I craved.
Your Gospel is forever true
By which a sinner can be saved.  


No comments: