Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Upward vs. Unequal


"My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up" (Psalm 5:3).  "The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit" (Proverbs 12:5).  "Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal... Is not My way equal?  Are not your ways unequal?... For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth" (Ezekiel 18:25,32).  "I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it... And I saw... the book of life" (Revelation 20:11,12). 

I lift my voice up in morning,
And upward I direct my prayer
To rise above this world's scorning
And cast upon the Lord my care. 

The thoughts of God are always right
In contrast to the dark deceit
Of those who hate the Savior's light
From which they hastily retreat.

God's ways are equal, true, and just;
This world's ways are surely not. 
In God alone I've learned to trust,
For there I find the peace I've sought.

Now upward, Lord, I fix my gaze
Upon the splendor of Your throne
Where You will judge unequal ways
And make Your perfect justice known. 


No comments: