Friday, August 28, 2015

Distorted by Doubt


"He asked life of Thee, and Thou gavest it him, even length of days forever and ever" (Psalm 21:4).  "Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things" (Proverbs 28:5).  "[Peter] cried, saying, Lord, save me!  And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (Matthew 14:30,31). 

As I recall the night I prayed
And asked the Lord to be my Savior,
How clearly was the truth displayed
And wonderful His saving favor! 

I sought the Lord in my despair,
And then I understood by grace  
That Christ had heard my feeble prayer
And He became my Hiding Place. 

Despite such answered prayers like these,
At times, like Peter crying out,
When I'm distressed by troubled seas,
Christ says to me, "Why did you doubt?" 

O Lord, Your goodness is reported: 
You came, as promised, from above!
Expel the doubt which has distorted
The truth of Your unfailing love! 


No comments: