Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Genesis of Gentleness


"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength... Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great" (Psalm 18:1,35).  "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). 

How great and many are the reasons
There are to love the Lord our Savior. 
His faithfulness through all our seasons
Has sheltered us with loving favor. 

He gives to us salvation's shield.
He holds us up with His right hand.
His gentleness to us revealed
Is greater than we understand.    

We hear Him say, "Come unto Me,"
That He may give to us His rest.
He bore our curse upon the tree
That we might be forever blest.

O Lord, You are the Genesis
Of gentleness that makes us great. 
There is no greater love than this
Which we delight to celebrate!  


No comments: