Monday, August 31, 2015

Crowns of Christ


"Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle... The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory" (Psalm 24:8,10).  "Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD" (Ezekiel 38:23).  "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased... And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only" (Matthew 17:5,8). 

Who is this King of glory crowned
In battle so victorious?    
As Lord of hosts He is renowned,
The Christ who gave Himself for us! 

How greatly is He magnified,
Exalted then by every nation!
He humbles those who stand in pride
And lifts the meek with His salvation! 

Be still and hear the Father's voice
Who bids us hear His Son today! 
Lift up your eyes and thus rejoice
To hear and heed what Christ will say. 

O Christ, receive the crowns of love,
Of praise, of worship, and of thanks
From hearts that join with those above
In concert with the blood-bought ranks! 


No comments: