Thursday, August 13, 2015

Leaving Lamentation


"Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.  The LORD hath heard my supplication " (Psalm 6:8,9).  "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life" (Proverbs 13:12).  "Now... in the wilderness, in a dry and thirsty ground... This is a lamentation" (Ezekiel 19:13,14).  "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes... for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4). 

Depart from me, iniquity,
For God has heard my supplication. 
From weeping He has set me free
With joy instead of lamentation. 

Though sometimes hope may be deferred
And burdens weigh upon my heart,
The Lord revives me by His Word
And lamentations then depart. 

Now in this wilderness I find
A very dry and thirsty ground,
But soon I'll leave this all behind
For heaven where no tears are found. 

Lord, thank You for this glimpse ahead
When lamentation shall be gone,
Replaced by endless joy instead
When heaven's morning then shall dawn. 


No comments: