Monday, August 24, 2015

Divinely Divided


"Men of the world... have their portion in this life... As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:14,15).  "A just [i.e., justified] man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief" (Proverbs 24:16).  "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.... A man's foes shall be they of his own household" (Matthew 10:34-36). 

There is a temporary gain
This world greatly has esteemed,
But this is wealth that's held in vain
Unless the soul has been redeemed. 

The Lord divides humanity
By those who will receive the Savior
And those, who by insanity,
Refuse the offer of His favor. 

All sinners shall be justified
Who humbly will receive the Lord,
And by this line shall God divide
The lost and saved with heaven's sword. 

O Lord, how many are misguided
By lies which turn their hearts from grace
And thus Divinely are divided
From those who shall behold Your face! 


1 comment:

whazzupwillis said...

David I Love your poem