Sunday, August 30, 2015

Loving His Leading


"The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want [i.e., lack anything]... He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake... Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:1-4).  "He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:4).  "I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (Ezekiel 37:27).  "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me" (Matthew 16:24).   

Behold the Shepherd of my soul,
Who rescued me from judgment's wrath!  
With counsel that is wonderful,
He leads me on His righteous path. 

He shields me from every harm
And leads me with His staff and rod.
There is no cause now for alarm
Since I have been redeemed by God. 

In view of all my Lord has said,
The wisest path is full surrender,
Thus following where He has led
And trusting Him as my Defender.

O Lord, it's good to know You're leading;
A truth You're teaching me to love! 
There's nothing else that I am needing
On earth or evermore above. 


No comments: