Thursday, August 20, 2015

Properly Prioritized


"I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation" (Psalm 13:5).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?... The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts" (Proverbs 20:9,27).  "Thy Father... seeth in secret... Your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things... Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:4,32,33). 

So many things for which we thirst
May fill our heart's imagination,
But God has ordered first things first: 
Our greatest need is His salvation! 

For who can say his heart is clean
And that he purged himself from sin? 
The Lord has searched us and has seen
Our need of cleansing grace within. 

Our Father secretly can see
Each need we bring to Him in prayer,
Yet orders His priority,
Then bids us cast on Him our care. 

O Lord, as You prioritize
Your kingdom and Your righteousness,
We thank You that Your grace supplies
Our needs beyond what we express!  


No comments: