Friday, November 23, 2012

Waiting to be Worthy?

“My son, if thine heart be wise, My heart shall rejoice, even Mine… Hear thou, My son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way... My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways” (Proverbs 23:15,19,26).  “John answered, saying unto them all, One mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose” (Luke 3:16). 

There is a Gift unspeakable
Which cannot be worthy of:  
It is salvation free and full
Procured by God’s redeeming love.

It is the calling to observe
God’s ways by which He will impart
The blessings we do not deserve
When we have given Him our heart.

We come as children by new birth
When we receive our Lord and Savior.
Our Lord has thus expressed our worth,
Though we’re not worthy of His favor.

As John the Baptist rightly knew
He wasn’t worthy of his call,
So we by grace alone shall do
Our service, whether great or small.

O Lord, we would not hesitate
To give our hearts to You today.
There is no reason we should wait,
Though yet unworthy, to obey.

We come, Lord, knowing we’re unworthy  
To do for You the smallest deed,
Yet we would hear and heed You early
As You supply the grace we need.

No comments: