Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Facing our Focus

“O send out Thy light and Thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy tabernacles.  Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise Thee, O God my God.  Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  And why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God” (Psalm 43:3-5).  “They that seek the LORD understand all things” (Proverbs 28:5).  “Where is your faith?” (Luke 8:25).   

Where is our faith in these troubling days?
What is our fountain which flows with true wealth?
When does our focus lose sight of God’s praise?
Why should our face not reflect saving health?

Our faith should be centered in Jesus our Savior
Who leads us in triumph and lifts our head up.
Our fountain of joy overflowing with favor
Is salvation’s blessing exceeding our cup. 

Our focus should never lose sight of our Lord,
The One who upholds us as we run our race. 
Our face should reflect now the joy He’ll afford
As we testify of His marvelous grace.

These are the things we should guard from distraction,
Directing our faith and our focus to Christ.
There’s no other source for our soul’s satisfaction,
And no other ransom for sin has sufficed.

O send out Your light and Your truth, Lord, to lead.
O comfort our hearts with Your staff and Your rod.
We know at Your altar our joy shall exceed
Our cup that You fill with Your mercies, O God.

We thank You, O Lord, that You freely impart
Your own understanding of what matters the most
To those who will seek You, preparing their heart
To give You their praise, and in nothing else boast. 

No comments: