Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Beholding His Brethren

“The assembly of the wicked have enclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet… I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee… They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this” (Psalm 22:16-30).  “And He looked round about on them which sat about Him, and said, Behold My mother and My brethren!  For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is My brother, and My sister, and mother” (Mark 3:34,35).

The assembly of the wicked came;
They pierced our Savior’s hands and feet.
The assembly now He calls by name
Are brethren who around Him meet.

We come now as His congregation
Rejoicing in His righteousness.
The center of our adoration
Is Christ, the name we gladly bless.

The name of Jesus Christ our Lord
Is lifted higher than all others.
No wonder He is so adored:
He gave Himself to call us brothers.

What grace is this that draws us near
With love exceeding comprehension?
His mercy now removes all fear
By granting us His full redemption.

He calls us unashamedly
His brethren, who were sinners lost.
We’re born again as family
Because He paid our ransom’s cost.

O Lord, we thank You for Your love
In life and death that You have shown!
As brethren born now from above
We live to make Your glory known.

Until that day ahead sublime
When we shall see You face to face,
Lord, help us to redeem the time
As Your ambassadors of grace.

No comments: