Saturday, November 03, 2012

Generous Gentleness

“I will love Thee, O LORD… Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great” (Psalm 18:1,35).  “He giveth grace unto the lowly” (Proverbs 3:34).  “What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?” (Matthew 18:22).

What generous gentleness gave me such grace?
I only deserved condemnation!
My Savior went forth and He stood in my place,
And thus He became my Salvation!

He’s given His shield protecting my soul;
His right hand is holding me up.
His gentleness healed me, making me whole;
He drank for me wrath’s bitter cup.

So what shall I do with the Lord Jesus Christ, 
In view of that cup that He drank?
He laid down His life as the Lamb sacrificed
To save me; I have Him to thank!

Since I am a debtor to Christ’s gentleness,
Who sheltered my soul in that strife,
And since He continues to graciously bless,
What should I withhold from my life?

O Lord, though I know I can never repay
Your generous gentleness shown,
I’ll love You, O Lord, give thanks every day,
And gratefully make Your love known.

No comments: