Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weighed, Wanting, and Winning

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean; I am pure from my sin?.... Diverse weights are an abomination unto the Lord, and a false balance is not good... The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts" (Proverbs 20:9,23,27). "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting" (Daniel 5:27). "Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30,31).

Many may say, "I am pure from my sin,"
Because they have cloaked the unseen,
But God searches all of our motives within,
Declaring that no one is clean.

Indeed, as Belshazzar, we all have been weighed
And wanting on God's perfect scales,
As all of our most inward sins are displayed
And all of our righteousness fails.

So what must we do to be saved from our failure,
Seeing none of our works have sufficed?
The answer they gave the Philippian jailor
Was "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ."

We thank You, O Lord, for the glorious salvation
That You, as our Champion, won!
The weight of Your glory removes condemnation
For all who believe on God's Son!

No comments: