Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Infirmity vs. Infinity

"Thou holdest mines eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.... And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.... Who is so great a God as our God? Thou art the God that doest wonders: Thou hast declared Thy strength among the people. Thou hast with Thine arm redeemed Thy people" (Psalm 77:10-15).

We really shouldn't be surprised
If we have been deprived of sleep
By trouble we have analyzed
In our infirmity so deep.

So troubled that we cannot speak,
It's better not to speak at all,
But rather now our Savior seek,
And at His feet in worship fall.

When sitting here at Jesus' feet,
We thus remember His great love
Where heaven's truth and mercy meet
That went before His face above.

Who is so great a God as ours,
Encompassing infinity?
He merely spoke and made the stars
With all we see and cannot see!

What was it now that troubled me?
It seems so small now in this light!
For though I have infirmity
The Lord upholds me with His might.

Lord, thank You for this invitation,
That bids us listen to Your voice,
And thus revived in adoration,
You strengthen us as we rejoice.

No comments: