Thursday, August 04, 2011

Perfect Path

"Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:25-27). "Then Peter, turning about... saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him... What is that to thee? Follow thou Me" (John 21:20-22).

There is a perfect path to walk,
And there would I remain,
Where God and I together talk,
And where the Lord will reign.

It is the path in front of me
When I obey my Lord.
It is His beauty that I see
To which I press toward.

It's not the path that I will find
If I have turned about
To see how others are inclined,
Which only leads to doubt.

It is the path of God's command
Where I obey His Word,
And thus I'm led to understand
His truth that I have heard.

Lord, thank You for the perfect path
That keeps my eyes on You!
You saved me from eternal wrath;
You'll lead me safely too.

No comments: