Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Truer Trust

"Thou art my trust from my youth.... But I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more.... Thy righteousness, O God, is very high, who has done great things: O God, who is like unto Thee!" (Psalm 71:5-19). "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). "Jesus saith unto her [Mary], Woman, why weepest thou? She, supposing Him to be the gardener, saith unto Him, Sir, if thou have borne Him hence, tell me where thou hast laid Him, and I will take Him away" (John 20:15).

O Lord, I trusted You in youth,
And I would praise You more and more.
As I continue You in Your truth,
I find so much to yet explore!

Then why, Lord, do I still regress,
Instead of trusting as I should?
I lean on me, and on You less,
Though You infinitely good!

It's like that day when Mary wept
Because she didn't realize
The promise Jesus made was kept,
That on the third day He would rise!

Lord, grant me truer trust in You!
There's none like You who can compare,
So loving, mighty, wise, and true,
Upon whom I would cast my care!

No comments: