Monday, August 29, 2011

Transforming Trust

"Whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe" (Proverbs 29:25). "I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD.... and I will say to them which were not My people, Thou art My people; and they shall say, Thou art my God" (Hosea 2:19-23).

The Lord is our Refuge where safety is found;
We trust Him alone for salvation.
In Him lovingkindness and mercies abound,
Unfolded in our transformation.

For once we were lost, in unrighteousness clothed,
And unfit for heaven above,
But now we are saved and to Christ are betrothed,
Transformed by His marvelous love!

Alas! We were strangers, so sinfully flawed,
Before the Lord made Himself known,
But now we're His people, and He is our God,
Transformed by His mercy alone!

O Lord, we give thanks for the work of Your hand
That made us new creatures in Christ!
By grace You transformed us, by grace we now stand,
And Your grace alone has sufficed!

No comments: