Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Haven of our Heart

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.... Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name" (Psalm 91:1,14). "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).

There is a haven for the heart
From every danger we may dread
Where those who love the Lord take part
Beneath His shadow overspread.

There is no other place to go,
Though we may seek another place,
For God, alone, we surely know,
Can shelter us with truth and grace.

We hear His voice of tender love
That calls us to complete surrender;
He draws us to His throne above
To show us He is our Defender.

O Lord, what words can now convey
The love we rightly owe to You?
Receive the fumbling words we pray,
So child-like and yet so true!

No comments: