Thursday, June 29, 2017

Words and Workmanship


"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy name, O LORD God of hosts… Thus saith the LORD, If thou… take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as My mouth" (Jeremiah 15:16,19 ).  "We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them… built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Corner Stone" (Ephesians 2:10,20). 

The words of God impart His light
And stir with joy my heart and soul. 
They satisfy my appetite
With counsel that is wonderful!

How gracious is the Lord's correction
In His reproof that I have heard! 
The workmanship of His perfection
Is seen as I obey His Word. 

The good works that my Lord has planned,
Ordaining me to walk therein,
Assures me that His loving hand
Shall finish what He will begin.  

O Lord, Your words and workmanship
Have made Your truth's foundation known
On which You settle and equip
My faith in You, my Corner Stone.  


No comments: