Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Representing my Refuge


"No man cared for my soul.  I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge" (Psalm 142:4,5).  "The ransom of a man's life are his riches" (Proverbs 13:8).  "I am sought of them that asked not for Me; I am found of them that sought Me not" (Isaiah 65:1).  "He died for all… Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:15,20,21). 

There was no refuge and no plan
That I could find to save my soul,
And neither was there help in man,
Nor any means in my control. 

I cried to God, who heard my voice:
He had been waiting all along
For me at last to make this choice
When every other choice was wrong! 

And now I represent my Savior,
Who offers reconciliation.
As His ambassador of favor,
I show to all His great salvation! 

O Lord My Refuge, tried and true,
I'm representing now Your grace
As in Your stead, I speak for You
To those who yet may seek Your face. 


No comments: