Friday, June 23, 2017

Kiss the King


"Kiss the Son… Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him" (Psalm 2:12).  "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).  "Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me" (Jeremiah 9:23,24).  "The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). 

How gracious is the invitation
To kiss our Lord, the King of kings,  
Who died to purchase our salvation
And shelter us beneath His wings. 

"Give Me thine heart," He says to us,
"And let thine eyes observe My ways." 
His mercy is so marvelous
That draws our hearts to Him with praise! 

We do not glory now in this, 
That we are wealthy, strong, or wise,  
But that we know Him, whom we kiss,
And He is precious in our eyes. 

O Christ our King, for us You died,
And still You intercede above.     
From hearts that You have justified,
Receive our grateful kiss of love.  

 

No comments: