Friday, June 02, 2017

Great Matters of God's Mercies


"LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me" (Psalm 131:1).  "My son, if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee… Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1,5).  "With great mercies will I gather thee… and all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children" (Isaiah 54:7,13).   "God is faithful" (1 Corinthians 10:13).

I surely had no strategy
Before I came to know the Lord
Regarding my eternity,
Yet knew it could not be ignored! 

The time would come when I would die; 
The prospect gripped my heart with fear. 
Alas!  These matters were too high
For me to know as death drew near! 

Yet God had long ago prepared
Great mercies that would meet my need
Which prophets also had declared
In Scriptures I could plainly read. 

O Lord, how great these matters are
Of faithful mercies You provide!   
Though I was hopeless and so far,  
To save and draw me near, You died!  


No comments: