Tuesday, June 20, 2017

His People are His Pleasure


"The LORD taketh pleasure in His people: He will beautify the meek with salvation" (Psalm 149:4).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?... Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:9,24).  "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls" (Jeremiah 6:16).  "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). 

The Lord takes pleasure in His own;
He beautifies us with salvation
As He has charged us to make known
His Gospel sent to every nation. 

How can a man be pure from sin? 
How can his heart be cleansed today? 
We give the answer found within
The Word of God that shows His way!

The Lord has shown to us the path
Wherein we find the rest He gives. 
Christ Jesus saves our souls from wrath,
Who died, who rose, and for us lives. 

Lord, we, Your people, are Your pleasure
Upon whom You have lavished grace,
And we have found in You our Treasure,
Our truest Friend, and Hiding Place.  


No comments: