Thursday, June 15, 2017

Boldness in the Battle


"Blessed be the LORD my Strength, which teacheth my hands to war… my Shield, and He in whom I trust" (Psalm 144:1,2).  "Hell and destruction are before the LORD… The heart of the righteous studieth to answer… The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom" (Proverbs 15:11,28,33).  "Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them" (Jeremiah 1:17).  "Great is my boldness of speech toward you" (2 Corinthians 7:4). 

The Lord is teaching us today
To trust Him on the battlefield
As we are faithful to obey,
Assured that He will be our Shield. 

We cannot see as God can see
The gates of hell with its destruction
That woos the lost with subtlety,
Deceiving hearts by its seduction. 

We need to therefore gird our mind
To answer men with confidence
As we have studied well to find
God's great prophetic evidence. 

O Lord, the truth You have displayed
Gives boldness in the battle now. 
Of whom then should we be afraid,
Since every knee to You shall bow?  


No comments: