Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mentioning His Mercies


"O GOD the Lord, the Strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle" (Psalm 140:7).  "Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death" (Proverbs 11:4).  "I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD… according to His mercies… He was afflicted… In His love and in His pity He redeemed them" (Isaiah 63:7,9).  "We all… beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

How many times I have discovered
Upon the battlefield of life
God's helmet of salvation covered
My head throughout the raging strife. 

I'll mention mercies on my path
Above all riches in the earth: 
Christ died to rescue me from wrath;
He gave to me a second birth!   

In love and pity for my soul,
He suffered on the cross for me. 
My ransom has been paid in full;
I am redeemed eternally! 

While mentioning Your mercies, Lord,
I see a great unfolding story
As by Your Spirit I'm restored
And changed to thus reflect Your glory.  


No comments: