Saturday, October 31, 2015

Valued Voice


"I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for He will speak peace unto His people... Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" (Psalm 85:8,10).  "The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him" (Nahum 1:7).  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand" (John 10:27,28). 

My heart would still be filled with dread,
My sorrow daily would increase,  
Unless the God of heaven said
That He had made a way for peace. 

His truth and mercy coexist;
In Christ they have together met. 
His righteousness and peace have kissed,
Since He has paid the sinner's debt.

The day of trouble still draws near
For those who will reject the Savior,
But those who trust Him need not fear
Within the stronghold of His favor. 

O Lord, how valued is Your voice
Which every sheep of Yours has heard,
Who follow You as they rejoice
In everlasting life assured!  


No comments: