Friday, October 30, 2015

Grace and Glory


"For the LORD God is a Sun and Shield: the LORD will give grace and glory" (Psalm 84:11).  "Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:5).  "Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation... When I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a Light unto me" (Micah 7:7,8).  "One thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see" (John 9:25). 

The Lord is both a Sun and Shield
With grace and glory He imparts. 
The Word of God has thus revealed
His saving grace to humble hearts. 

To Christ alone I therefore look;  
From Him alone I have salvation. 
Upon Himself my sins He took  
To save my soul from condemnation. 

When darkness comes I need not fear,
For Jesus Christ shall be my Light. 
He is a Shield ever near;
He is a Sun dispelling night. 

O Lord, Your grace and glory shined
So brightly from the cross You bore,
And now that I'm no longer blind,
I see your beauty more and more!  


No comments: