Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Having Heard Him


"Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth... Through God we shall do valiantly" (Psalm 60:4,12).  "My son, keep thy Father's commandment... it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20-22).  "Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard Him, and observed Him... From me is Thy fruit found" (Hosea 14:8).  "This is My beloved Son: hear Him" (Luke 9:35).  

We raise our banner in the strife
So that the truth may be displayed.   
In Christ we have eternal life;
By Him our ransom has been paid. 

We've heard our Father's great command
To hear His Son who speaks to us,
And having heard Him, understand:
Through Him we are victorious.

When Ephraim shall be heard to say
That "I have heard Him," Christ the Lord,
And idols shall be cast away,
We'll worship then in one accord.

O Lord, we know the joyful sound
Since we have likewise heard Your voice,
So let Your fruit from us be found
As in Your Gospel we rejoice!  

 

No comments: