Saturday, October 17, 2015

Facing Famine


"Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed Thy strength unto this generation" (Psalm 71:18).  "Children's children are the crown of old men" (Proverbs 17:6).  "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD" (Amos 8:11).  "What is this then that is written, The Stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the Head of the corner?" (Luke 20:17). 

Though I am growing old and gray,
I pray that God will keep me strong
To show our youth God's perfect way
In contrast to the way that's wrong. 

Our children's children in this age
Are facing famine's dreadful rod:
A thirst for Scripture's sacred page
And hunger for the words of God. 

This famine is today fulfilled
In darkened minds which now disown  
The Word of God on which we build
And Jesus Christ, the Cornerstone.

Lord, as we see this generation
Now facing famine's awful drought
We preach the Gospel of salvation
With evidence removing doubt.   


No comments: