Thursday, October 08, 2015

Early Expectation


"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him... Pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us” (Psalm 62:5,8).  "Those that seek Me early shall find Me... Whoso findeth Me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD" (Proverbs 8:17,35).  "Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to Me with all your heart" (Joel 2:12).  "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Luke 11:9).

I wait on God with expectation;  
My heart to Him has been poured out. 
He is my Refuge and Salvation;
His faithfulness removes all doubt.

I hear the promise of my Savior:
All those who early are inclined
To seek the Lord, obtain His favor
And life abundantly shall find.

How good it is to seek the Lord
And turn to Him with fullest measure! 
My Expectation and Reward
Is Christ Himself, my greatest Treasure.

O Lord, I ask, I seek, and knock,
With expectation all from You. 
You are my Refuge and my Rock
Whom I will early yet pursue.  


No comments: