Monday, October 05, 2015

Defense Defined


"O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me... Because of his strength will I wait upon Thee: for God is my Defense" (Psalm 59:1 ,9).  "Depart not from the words of My mouth... lest thou give... thy years unto the cruel" (Proverbs 5:7,9).  "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in Me is thine Help" (Hosea 13:9).  "They... found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind" (Luke 8:35). 

Unless the Lord was my Defense,
I surely would have been destroyed. 
I have no other confidence
Or other strategy employed. 

I surely would have played the fool
Without my Savior's clear instruction
And would have given to the cruel
My fleeting years by vain seduction. 

My soul's defense is in My Savior
Who died to save me by His grace.  
He sheltered me with loving favor
When He became my Hiding Place. 

Lord, like that man in his right mind
Whom you delivered from perdition,
You are my soul's Defense defined;
I need no other definition.  


No comments: