Saturday, October 03, 2015

Firmly Fixed


"O God... my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast... My heart is fixed" (Psalm 57:1,7).  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart... and He shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:5,6).  "I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love" (Hosea 11:4).  "Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them... is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock" (Luke 6:47,48). 

There is a place to fix my heart,
Amid the storms that trouble brings,    
Where there is peace God will impart
Beneath the shadow of His wings.

There is a path that God makes plain,
As I am trusting Him to lead,
Where life is Christ, where death is gain,
And where He meets my every need. 

There is reason I am drawn
To fix my heart on things above: 
My eyes are firmly fixed upon
My great Redeemer and His love! 

Lord, thank You for the sure foundation
So firmly fixed upon the place
Which is not moved by tribulation,
Since You have drawn me by Your grace.  


No comments: