Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Contradicting Counsels


"My people would not hearken to My voice... and they walked in their own counsels" (Psalm 81:11,12).  "My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth Me" (Proverbs 27:11).  "They know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they His counsel" (Micah 4:12).  "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.  But there are some of you that believe not" (John 6:63,64).  

We hear the counsel of God's voice
As in His Word He makes it known, 
Yet some would rather make the choice
To walk in counsels of their own. 

It is God's counsel that we need
For choosing good instead of bad. 
We shall be wise if we will heed
The counsel that will make Him glad. 

How precious is the Lord's command
With all His counsel that is right,
Which some (by choice) won't understand,
Preferring darkness more than light. 

Lord, thank You for this confidence
Through counsel that we have from You
That guards us from the consequence  
Of contradicting what is true.  


No comments: