Thursday, October 29, 2015

Jehovah-Jesus


"Thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth" (Psalm 83:18).  "Whoso putteth his trust in the LORD [JEHOVAH] shall be safe" (Proverbs 29:25).  "What doth the LORD [JEHOVAH] require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (Micah 6:8).  "Jesus said... Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58).  "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM... say unto the children of Israel, I AM [הָיָה HAYAH]  hath sent me unto you" (Exodus 3:14). 

Jehovah reigns as King of kings
And Lord of lords upon His throne. 
He is the Maker of all things;
All praise belongs to Him alone. 

He is the Refuge of the humble,
Who shows us what is just and true. 
He knows that we are prone to stumble;
He gently lifts us when we do.    

To Moses He disclosed His name,
JEHOVAH, meaning the "I AM." 
Our Savior's title is the same,
Who showed Himself to Abraham! 

JEHOVAH-JESUS, Christ our Lord,
Be magnified with every breath
As we recall that You outpoured
Your soul to save us by Your death.  


No comments: