Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Rightly Reprimanding

Read:  Psalm 119:65-72 / Proverbs 17 / Judges 18 / Mat. 16

 

Psalm 119:66,68 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments… Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.

Proverbs 17:10,24 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool… Wisdom is before him that hath understanding.

Judges 18:24 Ye have taken away my gods which I made, and the priest… what have I more?

Matthew 16:22,23 Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. 

 

My Savior gives me understanding  

And rightly teaches what is good. 

At times I need His reprimanding

When I’m not thinking as I should.

 

My thoughts that led me to distraction

Are, by Christ’s teaching, purged away,

Because He lives and takes the action

To guide and guard me every day.  

 



No comments: