Monday, August 09, 2021

Christ Commands

Read:  Psalm 119:1-8 / Proverbs 9 / Judges 10 / Mat. 8

 

Psalm 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Judges 10:16 They put away the strange gods… and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.

Matthew 8:27 But the men marveled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

 

My heart belongs to Jesus Christ

Who clothed me with His righteousness.

For me my Lord was sacrificed

To rescue me in my distress.  

 

The fear of God is purging me;

Let idols thus be cast away! 

My Lord commands the wind and sea;

Shall not I hear Him and obey? 

 


No comments: