Monday, August 16, 2021

Companions in the Congregation

Read:  Psalm 119:57-64 / Proverbs 16 / Judges 17 / Mat. 15

 

Psalm 119:57,63 Thou art my portion, O LORD… I am a companion of all them that fear thee… that keep thy precepts.

Proverbs 16:2,6 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes… By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Matthew 15:8,14 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me… Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind.

 

Companions in the congregation

Of those who love and fear the Lord

Unite to praise Him for salvation

And worship Him in one accord.  

 

My friendships are among the wise

Who walk with Christ and are inclined

To be well-pleasing in His eyes

In heart, in soul, in might, and mind. 

 


No comments: