Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Receive or Refuse

Read:  Psalm 119:121-128 / Proverbs 24 / Ruth 4 / Mat. 23

 

Psalm 119:126 It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Proverbs 24:3,27 Through wisdom is an house builded… Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

Ruth 4:6 And the kinsman said, I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance: redeem thou my right to thyself; for I cannot redeem it.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

 

Our Savior calls us to take action

And build up what has been destroyed.

We need to clear away distraction,

For fools declare God’s Word is void. 

 

Our Savior calls to every soul,

Yet He requires us to choose.

He paid redemption’s price in full,

Which some receive and some refuse. 

 


No comments: